Monday, November 22, 2010

Surreal Happiness

I see you from the corner of my eye.
And drift into an inward smile.
I wonder about your thoughts,
And the infinite possibilities leave me lost.
Like a harmless invisible shadow,
From the reflections of the window;
Another quiet glimpse I steal,
As I paint pictures of how you truly feel.

A heart bereft of simple joy.
Glued together like a broken toy.
In search of human compassion,
Does it exist or is it another naive illusion?
Your mind riddled with fears,
A placid face to hide the tears.
Slowly letting go your dreams.
Faith withering away like autumn leaves.

Incomplete is your pallid canvas,
A shade of grey devoid of happiness.
Let go of any grand illusions,
Of change in someone else’s actions.
In little things I have found reason,
To burgeon hope through every season.
Freedom, you will truly feel,
Follow me to find such happiness, surreal.

6 comments: