Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Oceanbed

Silent is the world that surrounds me,
Darkness is the only light around me.

Serene is the water within these trenches,
Home for the ship wrecked and lost.
Forgotten souls rest in this bottomless abyss,
Sunk to this depth by turbulent tides.

A faint glimmer from far overhead,
Fills me with dreams and hopes.
I swim away from this oceanbed,
To escape this lonely world I dread.

Silent is the world that surrounds me,
Darkness is the only light around me.

I see the light from afar getting brighter,
The weight of water on me now is lighter.
Then appeared the fruit of this journey,
The existence of another being like me.

All is beautiful, all is bright,
The limitless infinity within my sight.
The shackles broken to free my soul,
The oceanbed, a dim memory of a hole.

Dreams of the surface surrounds me.
Shafts of light dance around me.
Peaceful is the world that surrounds me
When I have you around me.

9 comments:

  1. I liked it a lot but why did you end on negative note

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure, actually I wanted to end with a happy or at least hopeful note.... probably will change the ending a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endi bhayya.. ending bagundi ga... and rhyme kuda baga kudirindi... Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made the comment and then it was edited.....sailu wat man!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good. Not at all pessimistic. But who/what is that 'you'?

    Ananth

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ nanna - 'you' here can be anything...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one sharkey.........
    and what happened to sailu? why is he talking weird?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I dont know man.. he's becoming "kandy Man"! :P

    ReplyDelete