Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jester and The Wind

Jester:
‘O Wind, ‘tis thee who I whole-heartedly blame!
Thy silly jape has made me look lame.
‘twas in my hour of unbridled urgency,
When I sought a bramble none could see.
Away from the prying eyes of any dusty traveler,
In those safe shadows I’d decided to make water.
But why ‘O Wind, did thou show thy cruelty;
At the very sacrosanct moment of my privacy.
‘twas thy evil breath which across my face beat;
Made me bepiss myself and befoul my feet.

The Wind:
‘O Jester, jest not with thy foolish ignorance.
Test not with thy lack of common sense.
‘twas thy own folly to know not two from three.
Facing windward thou left thy water free.
In whose holy name doth thou question me,
For the shame thyself brought upon thee?
As punishment for thy flurry of uncivil words,
I curse thee to be smote by droppings of birds.
And across all lands shall bards tell the tale,
Of the jester who made water windward in a gale!

4 comments: