Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The World and Me….

In silence I sleep; oblivious of a world beyond all that I can see.
In silence the world changes every night, quite oblivious of me.

In peace I live, each day something new for me.
In turmoil the world lives, each day a new battle to be free.

In joy I search, answers to questions fascinating.
In anger the world, questions the answers emanating.

In sadness I withdraw, to the pain and suffering.
In contempt the world, expresses cold indifference.

Change is truly the only impartial constant.
Change, with time, changes the world we live in.

In sadness I bid adieu, to my silent heaven of happiness.
In hope I embrace, the world beyond my own, a world of madness.

5 comments:

  1. Nostalgia, comforts offered by the BITSian life and apprehensions of the menacing new world awaiting; all wonderfully put in this piece of work. Why did it have to end all so soon...? Grt work dude !! Will watch out for newer posts on this space.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I initially wanted it to be longer. But then, making it short described how we feel about our stay at BITS better.... all of us would have loved it to be longer, though without all the courses :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice poem re...gr8 work...BITS was always a nice little place, disconnected with the outside world....some place we will never forget..sad its all come to an end...
    lets look forward to 2034 for the reunion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it... really nice ra.. You've captured some basic feelings really well there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cryptic burst of long felt unsettled-ness with the world around.. nice .. maybe you can add a sequel

    ReplyDelete